If your property is designated, you will need to apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness (CofA) for any changes that affect the exterior appearance of the structure (such things as changes in windows, doors, lights, color or surface material). There are no other restrictions. The expertise of the Commission members as well as other preservation professionals is available to assist the property owner. The Commission has worked successfully with numerous property owners seeking to alter or expand their properties.

Click here for Application for Certificate of Appropriateness

If your property is not a designated landmark and you would like the Commission to consider it, the first step is to complete a Historic Resource Inventory Form (Blue Form). Again, members of the Commission may be able to assist you, or at least point you in the right direction to compile information on the history of your property and why it should be considered a local historic landmark.

Click here for Historic Resource Inventory Form